Trust in God
By Pastor (Mrs) Eunice Kudehinbu ——
Text: Psalm 25:1-7
Introduction: To put God first is to rely on Him absolutely for help at all times. It is totally depending on God at all time and situation. To us, He may ‘tarry’ in bringing His help, but He is always on time. He is able to give you your good expectations. Proverb 23:18, – “For surely there is an end, and thine expectation shall not be cut off”.
WHY WE MUST TRUST IN GOD?
I) To guarantees peace Isaiah 26:3 – “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusted in thee”.
2) Continual enjoyment of His goodness and provision. Psalm 31:19 – “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee, which thou hast wrought for the that trust in thee before the sons of men”
3) Only God can provide safety. Proverb 29:25 – “The fear of man bringeth a snare, but whoso put teeth his trust in the LORD shall be safe”.
4) The arm of flesh shall fail. Psalm 39:5
5) God can do all things. Jeremiah 32:27 – Behold, I am the LORRD, the God off all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?
6) He is a source of everlasting strength.
If you Trust in God then you must do the following:
1) Resist the devil and evil counsels, Psalm 1:1-2 – “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the LORD and in his law doth he meditate day and night”.
2) Humble yourself, 1 Peter 5:6 – “Humble ourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time”
3) You must know the promise of God meditate on them and confess them, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, – For all the promises of God in him are yea and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
4) Take time to pray. Isaiah 65:24, Matthew 6:6, Isaiah 65:24 – And it shall come to pass that before they call, l will answer, and while they are yet speaking, l will hear. Mathew 6:6 – But thou, when thou pray east, enter into thy closet and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is I’m secret and thy Father which seeth I’m secret shall reward thee openly in Jesus Name Amen.
CONCLUSION: Brethren, any trust in any man is a trust in vanity, psalm30:5 – for his anger endure the but a moment, in his Favour is life, weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. If we delight ourselves in The Lord, He will give us d desires of our hearts. Psalm 37:4 – Delight thyself also in the LORD, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart in Jesus name Amen.
1. Father, continue to let me put my trust in you forever.
2. Oh Lord, I pray in the remaining Months of this Year give me a strong reason to celebrate.
3. Father, increase my greatness and comfort me on every side in Jesus name.
SERMON DELIVERED BY PASTOR (MRS) EUNICE KUDEHINBU, RCCG AREA PASTOR, DAYSTAR PARISH, ONDO ZONE, NIGERIA ON JULY 20, 2014