How Big Is Your God? by Pastor Victor Olobaniyi
If you will have to ask me first, how big my God is, the simple answer I can possibly give is that my God is Big and His name to me is Jehovah TOO MUCH.
It may interest you to know that there is no comparison with our God as He is indescribable and there is no adjective or word you can use to describe Him.
This question spurs me to research into some characters in the bible and ask them the same question that I will ask you at the end of this sermon.
How great is your God?
Some patriarchs I ask the question includes
1. Apostle Paul.
Some of his response was found in the book of Acts 19 vs 11 – 12. The bible records that God perform unusual miracles through the hands of Paul that the apron or handkerchief from Paul were raising the dead, healing the sick, delivering the oppressed etc. He concluded to me that what a mighty God he serves.
2. Apostle Peter.
Peter looked at me very sternly, and said, Victor, I don’t where to start from but he will end by saying that, my God is so big that He uses my shadow to heal, deliver, set loose and several things that cannot be explained. Acts 5 vs 15 – 16.
3. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, said I should have a brief knowledge of how great their God is in the book of Daniel 3 where he delivered them from the fiery furnace of King Nebuchadnezzar.
4. Brother Daniel said to me, Boy of God(BOG) have you heard or read about where my God in Dan 6, made the Lions to fast compulsorily and keep vigil with me to praise the Almighty for the whole night? I said yes, but how did that happen, I asked, he then said to me, lions don’t eat lions.
5. I left brother Daniel and went to Elijah the Tishbite, how big is your God prophet, Elijah. He reminded me the great contest with the prophet of Baal on Mount Carmel in the book of 1 Kings 18, also where he made him to outran the chariot of King Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.
6. I made my journey to Uncle Moses, and his reply when I asked him the same question, is that my God is I AM THAT I AM. We dialogue for some times, but he sat me down and took me through the book of Exodus 3 vs14;7 vs 10,19;8 vs 16; 14 vs 21;16 vs11; 17 vs 6, also he pointed to me to Numbers 16 vs 32, how he buried his enemies( Korah, Dathan and Abiram) without digging the ground.
7. Finally, I visited Daddy Isaac, he said to me my son, I sowed in the land of famine and in the same year my God made me reap hundredfold that I only became greater than the whole nation. Numbers 16 vs 32.
Your famine maybe your time as a worker or student, but still find time to be useful and work for the Lord.
It may be your strength to wake up in the middle of the night to intercede for others even when it is not convenient to do so.
It can be your finance, which does not seems to be enough, but God is requesting for it.
HOW BIG IS YOUR GOD?
You are lifted and God bless you.
How Big Is Your God? by Pastor Victor Olobaniyi was delivered on May 29th, 2016