He Touched Me, by Deaconess Adebisi Olobaniyi
Mark 1:37 KJV  And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.
A lot of people come to Jesus for different things, the question is why are you here? I’ll probably get different answers. None is wrong or more superior than the other. You have friends for life, for good times, for adversaries, for trouble, genuine, watchers etc.
Mark 1:40 KJV  And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. Mark 1:41 KJV  And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
WHO IS A LEPER?
Leviticus 13:44-46 KJV  He is a leprous man, he is unclean: the priest shall pronounce him utterly unclean; his plague is in his head.  And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.  All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be.
Numbers 5:1-3 KJV  And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,  Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that hath an issue, and whosoever is defiled by the dead:  Both male and female shall ye put out, without the camp shall ye put them; that they defile not their camps, in the midst whereof I dwell. Jesus touched a leper. Think about it.
What is that situation or taboo? – Steps the leper took
1. The leper beseeched him: ask someone urgently or fervently to do or say something
2. He knelt down: this shows humility, an act of worship, Total submission, Total dependence
3. Faith: if you want you CAN, you can make me clean 4. Jesus answered I will, be clean. John 15:3 KJV  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 5. He also touched him. He can touch my situation. Same God yesterday, today and forever Mark 1:42-45 The Bible said immediately leprosy departed from him. 6. Blaze abroad: in a different direction over a wide area or in/to a foreign land.Vs 45 he shared his testimony everywhere. Instant calling, evangelist 7. It came with its issues for Jesus but vs 45 said they came to him from every quarter.
Why the touch?
1. The touch of Jesus makes us whole, the leper was restored physically, spiritually, professionally, economically etc. Do you feel inadequate you need His touch?
2. It shows he cares, he spoke and it happened. Do you feel lonely you need His touch
3. It shows genuine love for him. Not only sympathy but empathy. Do you sometimes feel unloved? You need his touch
4. It takes away fear, fear of people, things, Society, ostracisation. He became bold, you are able to confront your phobia, you need His touch
The sermon was delivered by Deaconess Adebisi OLOBANIYI on November 18, 2018.