Texts : Psalm 121 vs 1 – 2, Psalm 46 vs 1 – 11, Isaiah 41 vs 10 – 13.
Since we are in our month of divine help, it may be necessary to alert ourselves what we need to do as to be qualified for this divine help. Our God is a God of mercy and loving kindness, but at the same time He is also a God of principles and order.
As we have known before now that God loves everybody and that is the reason why Jesus came to die for our sins,but He is not responsible for everybody as it were, He will only take the full responsibility of His children.
In line with that, we can say that for you to completely enjoy His help, some responsibilities is expected of you. These include:
1. You must be a child of God,that is you must be born again. John 3 vs 16, 2 Cor 5 vs 17,Romans 10 vs 9 – 10. When you are born again, you automatically become a member of God’s family,God has a responsibility towards you and He sees to your day to day affairs. Jer 29 vs 11.
2. You have to be living a righteous life.James 5 vs 16 ,says the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much, which means any time you ask God for help, He will be willing to render you the best help needed.Needless to mention that Blessings,Favour and help will be running after you as you become His favourite.
3. Living a life of obedience, is another quality for divine help,this qualifies you in claiming all the available promises of God in His word.Once you are always endeavouring to obey God in all ways,He will make sure you receive all the help you need,as He is a very present help in time of need or trouble. Malachi 3 vs 10 – 12.,Pro 3 vs 9 – 10.
4. Strategically locate yourself. Zacchaeus climbed up a sycamore tree, just for him to see Jesus in Luke 19 vs 1 – 5. and he received the best help and gift a man can ever receive,which is the gift of salvation.
The places you can see as strategic places now may includes,coming to church and fellowshiping with other brethren. Heb 10 vs 25, Listening to messages that will edifies and boost your faith,Reading of the word of God (the Bible)daily and meditating on it, etc.This acts tends to put you in a position where you can easily assess the divine help of the Lord.
5. Asking and Crying out, is also a quality that must not be lacking in you, if you need the divine help of the Lord.Matt 7 vs7 – 8. we have always said that a closed mouth is often a closed destiny, the bible encourages us to ask.
The Jews would have been completely wiped off, if not because Esther ask the King for a counter attack. Esther 5 vs 3.
The blind Bartimaeus’ fate in Mark 10 vs 46 – 49, would have been sealed,if not because he cried out,and due to his crying out and asking , he received divine help from the Lord that made him able to see,may be he would have died blind if he has not asked that he may see.
My prayer is that whatever needed to be done from now on that will bring us divine help will not elude us in Jesus name.
You are lifted.
Qualifications for Divine Help, by Pastor Victor Olobaniyi was delivered on October 18th, 2015