Divine Enthronement: The Dotted Lines, by Pastor Akpo Onduku
TEXT: Genesis 41:14-16 “4 Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him quickly out of the dungeon; and he shaved, changed his clothing, and came to Pharaoh. 15 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I have had a dream, and there is no one who can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that you can understand a dream, to interpret it.” 16 So Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace.”
The above text is about Joseph. The Dotted Lines represent when you were born to when you die.
God is in the business of bringing people from prison situations to the palace. in fact, 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 says “But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.” Your best is yet to come.
A. Three kinds of human beings
People who are living outside the will of God.
People who are living in God’s permissive will.
People who are living in God’s perfect will.
The happiest man on the face of the earth is the man that is right on the centre of the will of God for his life.
B. God speaks to people in diverse ways. Numbers 12:1-8
iii. Face to face
Gen. 18:14 “Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”
As long as man keeps faith in God and in himself, nothing can permanently defeat him.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
4 things to know in the Dotted lines …
1. You are geographically designed: The athletes of Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Sudan are designed for long distance races. The Caribbeans, Americans etc are for the sprints. China for the martial arts and acrobatics. Jere. 1:5 (NLT) “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
2. You are geographically assigned: Your location matters. Jonah was send specifically to Nineveh. Jonah 1:2, “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
3. You are specifically assigned: Philippians 3:13-14 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
4. You are specifically designed: There is no other you. Psalm 139:14 “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully
made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” The NLT says “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.”
Seven lessons to learn in Divine Enthronement.
1. The God factor. Genesis 41:9-12. Know that God is the chief promoter.
In verse 16, Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace.” Put God in His place.
Psalm 121:1-4. Look up to God. There is a God. If you look up to Him, He will not fail or disappoint. He will remember.
2. Divine Insight/ Revelational knowledge: Genesis 41: 37-38 “So the advice was good in the eyes of Pharaoh and in the eyes of all his servants. 38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?”
3. The fear of God. Proverbs 9:10 says “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
Genesis 39:7-9 (NLT) Joseph refused to sin.
4. Excellent Spirit. Proverbs 22:29 (NKJV) “Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.”
The Message Translation says “Observe people who are good at their work skilled workers are always in demand and admired; they don’t take a backseat to anyone.”
Joseph had an excellent spirit. Excellence is a spirit and not a function of money. He interpreted the dream correctly.
Genesis 41:39 “Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.”
5. Dedication. Joseph obedient to duty in the house of Potiphar and even in prison. He was focused and not distracted. In life, if you focus very well you will get that you desire.
Ruth was focused and married her Boaz. Focus takes you to the goal. Phil. 3:13
Ruth 3:3-5 says “Therefore wash yourself and anoint yourself, put on your best garment and go down to the threshing floor; but do not make yourself known to the man until he has finished eating and drinking … 5 And she said to her, “All that you say to me I will do.”
Know that you can only be superior to others in your area of gifting and assignment.
Find out what yours is and walk in it.
Joseph was gifted in dream interpretation. So also was Daniel.
Dan. 1:17 (NLT) “God gave these four young men an unusual aptitude for understanding every aspect of literature and wisdom. And God gave Daniel the special ability to interpret the meanings of visions and dreams.”